Cheaper Isn’t Always Better
If you’ve decided to hire an MSP, that’s fantastic. It’s a great choice to help you manage your information technology infrastructure for greater efficiency, productivity, and security – all for one flat-rate monthly fee. They offer a range of services at a price that’s affordable for the average business. But here’s the thing… We’ve seen far too many businesses in the area get burned in their effort to find the cheapest MSP possible. Typically, c-level executives are drawn to the proactive approach of managed IT services wherein they can rest assured knowing their systems are monitored, maintained, and protected all the time. But they’re also drawn to saving money. Naturally, who isn’t?
Why You SHOULDN’T Try to Save Money on Your Managed IT Services…
Look, we’re not saying to go with the most expensive MSP out there. So what ARE we saying? In the simplest terms, don’t choose based on price – and at all costs, don’t choose the cheapest possible MSP you can find. You depend on your technology for virtually all aspects of your business, and in turn, you need to make sure it’s taken care of properly. Unfortunately, a very cheap MSP can’t possibly do the best job. Why not? Here’s a few reasons:
- They’re not investing in the best tools: If they’re able to charge a ridiculously low rate, chances are, they’re not investing in the best tools to monitor, manage, and secure your environment.
- They’re more likely to work sloppy: Unfortunately, if they’re charging a low rate, they’re likely paying their staff a low rate, too. Sure, some people have great work ethic regardless, but some don’t.
- They’re less capable of communicating: It’s more than likely they’re bringing on a whole host of clients at such a low rate, which means they’re going to drop more balls and communicate less than you need.
- They’re more likely to hire remote, overseas workers: This is fine, except if you need onsite support in a timely manner or even remote support that’s performed in your time zone when you need it most.
So what SHOULD you look for, if not price? Naturally, all MSPs provide similar services. If they’re not providing the following, take them off your list immediately:
- Remote monitoring
- Regular maintenance
- Help desk services
- Managed IT services
- Mobile device management
- Strategic technology planning
- Data backup and business continuity
- Network planning and/or configuration
Aside from paying attention to their services, here’s our recommendations on what to look for in an MSP:
- A proven track record of helping businesses operate more efficiently wherein they’re able to provide you with case studies, testimonials, and ultimately, current clients willing to speak with you.
- A team of skilled professionals who are local and certified to show they’re up-to-date on the latest technologies. They should undergo regular training to stay current and well-versed.
- A focus on cybersecurity because nowadays, cybersecurity is vital. You need a multi-layered approach with industry-leading solutions designed to protect all entry points into the network.
Palindrome Consulting Might Not Be the Cheapest, But We’re the Best Value for Your Hard-Earned Money. Talk with Our Team of Fort Lauderdale IT Services Experts Now. Call (305) 944-7300.
Like this article? Keep reading: