How To Create A Microsoft Teams Meeting on a Computer or a Mobile Device and Make it More Engaging
- Microsoft Teams is a powerful workplace conferencing, chat, and collaboration available for Microsoft 365 customers.
- If your team already has a Microsoft 365 business or standard subscription, you have access to Teams.
- All you have to do is to create a Teams account to set up, schedule, and invite participants to a meeting.
Microsoft Teams is a powerful collaboration tool that allows co-workers and clients to work together. The tool allows you to create video or audio conferences, use your screen to present PowerPoint slides, and chat with others in real-time.
However, many people don’t understand that there’s a bit of a disconnect between Outlook invites and team invites. The huge advantage is that if you create the invite in Teams, it’ll create the video session and the invite on the regular album.
The Step-by-Step Procedure for Setting Up Microsoft Teams Meeting on Desktop
- Open the Microsoft Teams application or on the browser and log into your accounts.
- Select the Calendar icon on the left navigation pane.
- Select the time slot you want to hold the meeting. Alternatively, you can select the New Meeting option at the top right of the window.
- A new window will open. Fill in the information for the meeting.
- Add the meeting title, adjust the date and time, add notes, and select a location.
- Type the names or email addresses of people you want to invite in the Add required attendees box.
- If you’re setting up a repeating meeting, hit the Does not repeat button and choose the type of repeat meeting you want.
- Select the Save button to set the meeting.
- Hit the Copy link to copy your meeting invite link and share in any way you wish.
After scheduling the meeting, it’ll appear on your Calendar. You can click on it anytime and select the Copy link option to get a meeting invite link.
You can set up your meeting’s privacy option by selecting the Meeting options. A new tab will open in your browser. Set Who can present and Who can bypass the lobby options.
How To Create A Microsoft Teams Meeting on a Mobile Device
Setting up a Teams meeting on a mobile device differs from the desktop option. Proceed as follows:
- Open the Microsoft Teams app on your mobile device.
- Find Calendar in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen and click on it.
- Hit the + icon at the top of your screen.
- A New Event page will open. Fill in the meeting information — key in the meeting title, date, and time.
- Tap the Add participants box to enter the email addresses of people you want to participate in the meeting.
- If you’re setting up a repeating meeting, click the Never option in the drop-down menu. Select the type of repeat meeting you want.
- Tap the Done after you’ve completed setting your meeting.
- The meeting you schedule will appear on your Calendar. Tap on the meeting and select the Share meeting invite to share the meeting link via SMS, Skype, or other means.
When the meeting time is ready, tap Join to start the meeting, and set your audio and video. Click on Join now to join the meeting as a host.
You can configure your meeting so that users can’t enter the meeting’s lobby before they can join. Go to the Meeting participants option. Find Who can bypass the lobby and select Everyone in the dropdown menu.
How to Create an Instant Meeting on Teams
Sometimes, you might want to start an impromptu meeting with a team or an individual on Microsoft Teams. You can start an instant meeting in two ways:
- From the Microsoft Teams chat tab
- From the Calendar in Teams
To start an instant meeting, proceed as follows:
- Head to your Microsoft Teams and select the Calendar icon on the left pane. Choose the Meet now option in the upper right corner of the screen. Then, select Create meeting. Alternatively, you can open your Microsoft Teams. From the Chat tab, select New Meeting at the top of the list.
- Key in the meeting name at the Meeting name box.
- Click on the Get a link to share button to generate the meeting invite link. Copy the link to your clipboard and share it. You can configure the meeting settings to disable participants from entering the lobby before they’re able to join.
- Select the Configure Meeting options button to open a tab on your default browser.
- Click on Who can bypass the lobby in the dropdown menu.
- Hit the Save button to complete the setup.
After finishing all configurations, click the Start meeting option to begin. Your meeting will start with the invite link appearing in the meeting chat.
On the Meeting Options section, you can choose whether to have the meeting as a video or audio conference. As the meeting admin, you can choose whether you want to share a screen and other additional options like recording the meeting or setting up a chat session.
What Can You Do in a Teams Meeting
Microsoft Teams provides endless possibilities of what you can do in a meeting. You can utilize the following functions to improve your meeting experience:
- Show participants: The option allows you to add users from your contacts.
- Raise hands: The feature lets you signal the speaker you want to talk to without disrupting the meeting.
- Show conversion: The option pops out and displays meeting chats
- … More actions button: The feature allows you to execute several call actions, including:
- Device setting, which lets you check the audio and video device
- Meeting options that allow you to control who can present content or bypass the lobby
- Meeting info to display the meeting’s title, copy the meeting link, and more
- Apply background effects that let you change your meeting’s background
- Live caption to transcribe the meeting
- Turn off incoming video to other participants’ video feed during the video conference
- Enable/disable camera: The option lets you control the participants’ cameras.
Palindrome Consulting Will Offer your Business Fully Monitored Microsoft 365 Services
Microsoft Teams is only one of the Microsoft 365 apps your business can leverage to redefine how your business operates — there are more. We can help you extract more value from Microsoft 365.
For over two decades, Palindrome Consulting has been helping thousands of businesses get the most out of their technology, and we would want to help you, too. Contacts us today for Microsoft 365 support services.