The Monumental Value of Quality Managed IT Services for Enterprises: An Unparalleled Opportunity to Focus on Their Core Business
Palindrome Consulting explains how managed IT services can facilitate fast, secure digital transformation and promote organizations’ ability to innovate.
The Benefits Of Managed IT Services For Enterprises
Due to the pressures of today’s business world, many companies are looking to upgrade their computer systems and data storage. At the same time, they need to ensure their data, and that of their clients or customers remains secure during this digital transformation. But many enterprises are looking for a better, more affordable way to achieve this than relying on their in-house IT departments. And that’s where managed IT services can play an invaluable role.
In-House IT Departments Are Stretched Too Thin
As a result of the drive for digital transformation, a lot of companies are demanding more and more from their in-house IT departments. Because these teams have to ensure the computer systems remain functional while simultaneously enabling digital transformation and staying up to date with new developments in the field, they’re often stretched thin and suffer from a lack of resources. To illustrate: According to TechRadar, 53 percent of companies agree that their lack of IT resources is hindering their digital transformation efforts.
On top of this, for the majority of companies, utilizing new technological developments is key to remaining competitive in their fields. Yet as BizTech reports, the demands of handling existing technology workloads make it challenging to leverage IT to gain a strategic advantage. For example, some IT departments spend 80 percent or more of their time on the day-to-day tasks of maintaining and troubleshooting applications — leaving only 20 percent of their time free to optimize their systems or explore how new technological developments can help their companies further their business goals.
The Benefits of Managed Service Providers
Instead of investing more and more resources into in-house IT departments, businesses should opt for high-quality, managed IT services. This offers the following benefits:
- It ensures current IT expertise: There’s a critical shortage of IT workers, and for working IT professionals, it’s challenging to stay on top of new developments. In contrast, a top-quality managed service provider will make sure its people are always trained in the latest skills.
- It ensures access to new technologies: A good managed service provider will provide cutting edge hardware that benefits its clients.
- It ensures speed and quality: By providing a team of dedicated IT specialists and top-quality hardware, a managed service provider delivers support when needed and makes sure systems run smoothly, without any issues.
- It helps manage cost and compliance: It becomes the managed service provider’s responsibility to maintain all hard- and software, which helps lower prices. Additionally, the service provider assumes the regulatory and security risks associated with the client company’s IT management.
- It frees up IT staff: With the managed service provider handling the daily tasks, the in-house IT team is free to play a more strategic role that benefits the business, such as exploring emerging technologies that can help the company’s core business objectives.
- It offers greater scalability: Working with a managed service provider allows businesses to scale up and down according to their business needs, without having an impact on hardware and talent acquisition.
High-Quality Managed IT Services Facilitate Digital Transformation and Innovation
In conclusion, in today’s rapidly evolving marketplace, businesses must adapt to how they operate to keep up. Managed IT services can facilitate fast, secure digital transformation, as well as promote organizations’ ability to innovate. And that, in turn, can help businesses become more competitive and thriving in the long run.