Does Your Business’ IT Department Need A Little Extra Help?
Whether your IT department is too small to keep a project on track or struggles to keep up with daily support requests, the result is that your business is falling behind. Get your IT department the extra resources you need and stay on track with co-managed IT services.
Does your IT staff quickly fall behind when they have to complete a project? What about daily support tickets – is there a delay in getting them resolved?
These are common challenges that come with managing a small internal IT team. However, the solution isn’t to replace them with something else — instead, you can make them better.
Is Your IT Department Overworked?
Overseeing a business’ technology landscape is a daily struggle.
An IT manager or internal IT staff will tend to spend most of their time just “putting out fires” one after another. As important as that is, the constant stream of requests, troubleshooting, and maintenance tasks can keep your IT personnel from tackling the larger goals you have for your business technology, including:
- Developing comprehensive IT security measures and practices to keep your business safe
- Major projects, such as migrations, upgrades, and relocations
- Replacing servers and other fundamental hardware
- Moving application workloads to the cloud
An internal person or team can only offer so much in terms of availability, time, and skillsets. You might have the most talented person or people and they will still be limited in what they can do. This imbalance of demands and resources inevitably leads to major issues…
How Can You Tell That Your Business Needs Additional IT Resources?
Why is your latest project being held up? It’s likely a result of:
- No time: No matter how capable and efficient your IT team is, there are only so many hours in the day.
- No money: At a certain point, a lack of cash flow will prevent you from getting that project done when you need it done.
- No expertise: Depending on the project, it could involve a new technology that your internal staff doesn’t have experience with. Learning about the technology in question may require extensive training and costly certifications. No internal IT team can be experts in every single technology your business processes rely on.
The Limitations Of Internal IT
The fact is that your IT staff can only do so much. It’s not your fault and it’s not their fault; it’s just the reality of IT services in an increasingly complex and tech-dependent world.
No internal IT team can be experts in every single technology your business processes rely on, and even if they were, there are only so many hours in the day. However, that doesn’t mean you have to hire additional staff members and pay more in salaries, or fire the entire team and replace them with a national, remote IT service.
What’s the solution? Get the extra help you need with co-managed IT services.
What Is Co-Managed IT?
Co-managed IT services allow businesses and their IT teams to take advantage of the expertise and skill of a team of IT specialists (like Palindrome Consulting) when needed, and without paying expensive salaries or benefits. It’s an affordable solution that allows you to expand your current IT resources and make sure you always have the tech support you need.
What Do Our Co-Managed IT Services Offer Your Internal IT Department?
- Offload Administration And Support: As your co-managed IT partner, we can handle all of the network administration and help desk tasks your IT team would normally have to handle on their own.
- Harness Expertise: Your IT department can access our team’s expertise and extensive experience. While your team may have done one or two cloud migrations before, our team has done hundreds if not thousands of migrations, all in different industries and different needs. Put that expertise and experience to work for you.
- Freedom of Focus: Without having to oversee network administration and helpdesk requests, your internal staff can discuss, design, and implement your projects more easily.
- Access Industry-Leading Tools: Your team can leverage our best-in-class IT tools, allowing them to more effectively support your end users, manage assets, automate processes, and improve documentation.
Palindrome Will Help (Not Replace) Your Business’ IT Department
No matter whether your IT team is overworked or in over their heads, the solution is simple – get the extra help you need from a local IT company like Palindrome Consulting.
Via co-managed IT services, our team of experienced technology professionals can work with your existing IT staff to help pick up the slack, and keep your business covered when your IT staff is away from the office.
Don’t assume that this is just one step on the path towards getting rid of your IT team altogether. According to CompTIA, only 6% of businesses like yours that outsource their IT end up eliminating their entire internal IT presence.
Instead, you can augment your internal team with additional support from an external IT company. Don’t bother overworking your internal IT staff with an inordinate workload or tasks that are beyond their capability. With a little help from a co-managed IT provider, you can better utilize your internal IT staff and develop a truly effective IT environment for your business.
We’re here to help. We offer a range of services that can be used to augment your internal technology department’s availability and/or expertise:
- Around-the-clock monitoring and regular maintenance to keep systems running properly.
- Data backup and business continuity planning to keep you ready to recover.
- Around-the-clock remote or onsite support to assist with questions and/or issues.
- Cybersecurity solutions to protect against hackers infecting the network.
Give Your IT Department The Resources They Need With Co-Managed IT
No matter whether your IT team is overworked or in over their heads, the solution is simple – get the extra help you need from Palindrome Consulting.
Via co-managed IT services, our team of experienced technology professionals can work with your existing IT staff to help pick up the slack, and keep your business running smoothly.
Get in touch with our team to learn more about this service and what it will do for your IT department.