Do You Have A Comprehensive Business Continuity Plan?
Without a disaster recovery plan, you’re left vulnerable to any and all emergency situations, whether it’s a major meteorological event like a hurricane, common power outages, or the result of malicious or accidental employee actions.
Consequences could include:
- Permanent data loss as onsite copies of your data and documentation are destroyed
- Severe downtime as your business scrambles to replace destroyed hardware and get up and running again
- Major financial damages, from the cost of lost business to the cost of replacement hardware, and onsite damages
3 Reasons You Need A Confident Business Continuity Plan
- Data Retention: At the rate that technology evolves (and how quickly your standard operations and concerned policies are required to keep up with it), it’s no surprise that some businesses find it difficult to keep up with. When policy development falls behind the pace of adopted technologies, it can often lead to gaps, which can affect data retention.
- Cybercrime: Data loss is often the result of poor digital security; without the right defenses, cybercriminals can easily infect an IT system with ransomware or other types of malware and compromise company data. If you have a robust data backup solution as a part of your business continuity, then it doesn’t matter if your data has been stolen or held at ransom. You can just replace it with your backup, simple as that.
- Human Error: Much of data protection is dependent on the user, and as such it’s vital that you properly educate your employees in safe conduct. The more your workforce knows about the security measures you have in place, the more confidently they can use the technology in a secure manner.
What’s The Bottom Line Of Business Continuity?
Effective preparedness keeps you safe and productive no matter what, simple as that.
The question is: will you wait until after you get hit with a disaster to start thinking about how you’ll recover? Or will you do what’s right for your business, and start planning for the worst-case scenario today?
We know that you’d like to keep your business operating no matter what crisis the nation faces. With the right remote work capabilities, you can keep your staff productive and business operating.
If you need help, get in touch with the Palindrome Consulting team — we can equip your organization with proven business continuity processes and solutions, ensuring your data is stored safely offsite, and accessible by you and your staff from wherever you may be working.